Together, we can beat COVID-19.
Our LGBTQ+ community has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. We can beat this crisis, but we have to work together. Wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance. Get tested regularly. The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective — sign up for a free vaccine appointment.
Get Tested or Treated
If you’re experiencing symptoms, start by calling your healthcare provider or local health department to find out whether you should be tested for COVID-19. If you do need to visit the hospital or any other healthcare provider, make sure to call ahead.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
Below is a list of national, state and local resources for LGBTQ+ Californians impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, sorted into the following categories:
We want to provide the LGBTQ+ community and our allies with the tools and training they need to endure this crisis. Join us for a series of webinars on topics ranging from unemployment benefits, job applications, healthcare and more.
Stop the Spread
Our LGBTQ+ community is particularly vulnerable to the virus because we’re more likely to have underlying health conditions. It’s up to us to stop the spread and save lives. Protect your family, your neighbors and frontline workers risking their lives to save ours by following recommendations from healthcare experts:
- Stay home.
- Connect with friends and family virtually; avoid people outside your household.
- Wear a cloth mask or face covering if you leave your home and wash it between uses.
- Maintain a safe distance of 6 feet away from others when outside your home.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Find the Latest News
There’s a lot of misinformation floating around the internet. Get the latest news and factual information from the following reputable sources: